Cedar Point Forum > General >

So no one was ever died at CP, seriously?

You must register and login to post.
Previous < Topic > Next
October 11, 2010, 5:56P

So no one was ever died at CP, seriously?

I can't find any deaths at Cedar Point on the internet, but considering it's been around since 1807 (203 years now) I find it hard to believe it's never happened. People have died at Six Flags, Disneyland, and all kinds of theme/amusement parks. I can't even find an article on a semi-serious accident. Don't get me wrong, if there hasn't ever been a severe incident at Cedar Point then that's awesome and incredible, I just don't see how there could've not been one yet. Anyone know of any bad accidents/deaths at the park?

October 11, 2010, 6:15P

Re: So no one was ever died at CP, seriously?

bribrihate said:considering it's been around since 1807 (203 years now)

Where did ya get that number at?

-99er
Remember, if you're arguing on the internet, you've already lost.

October 11, 2010, 6:17P

That was a mistake. I meant 1870, which makes it 140 years. Still hard to believe no one has EVER died there.

October 11, 2010, 6:24P

I dont think they have ever had a "ride related" death. But I do know of one person who died when a tree fell in a bad storm and hit a guy. This may have happened back in the late 70's early 80's

October 11, 2010, 6:30P

I thought that someone had a heart attac on demon drop a long time ago?

what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard.
Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it.
I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

October 11, 2010, 6:41P

I don't think there has ever been an accident that involved a death. There have been injuries on rides before, but no deaths. As far as that heart attack your talking about crazy horse; it's possible that happened a while back. I don't have time to look for news related articles, but I'm sure that's happened before.

Shoot the Rapids is Open! YAY!!
Next CP visit: July 26
CP Visits: 7

October 11, 2010, 6:50P

crazy horse said:
I thought that someone had a heart attac on demon drop a long time ago?

Nah, what you're thinking of is the woman who got her hair stuck in the tower before it dropped. Apparently this also happened on Power Tower and the Tower of Terror down in Florida.

But really, the only thing that I ever heard about was a person almost got their hand ripped off when Mean Streak was returning to the station in its early years. Can't remember where I read it though...

Last edited by Corkscrew Headache, October 11, 2010, 6:52P

'13 Gatekeeper Co-TL
'12 Sky Ride ATL
'11 Raptor & Windseeker

October 11, 2010, 6:54P

The hand thing also happened on Millennium in its first few seasons. A guy hit his hand on a support on the first overbank turn.

Let's Get Weird.

October 11, 2010, 9:44P

It's true that no one was ever died at CP from an accident. Seriously.

Mike
At last, a comic strip for (and about) enthusiasts:
http://www.chumsofcdom.wordpress.com

October 11, 2010, 9:45P

And also, you can has cheezburger.

Mike
At last, a comic strip for (and about) enthusiasts:
http://www.chumsofcdom.wordpress.com

October 12, 2010, 1:30A

I totaly forgot that a girl did die of heart problems on wildcat a few years back.

She had a pre existing heart problem, and came off the ride dead. What made it even more sad was that she was in the park with her high school band and marched down the midway that day.

what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard.

October 12, 2010, 9:47A

^ I never heard about that.

And to me, ride safety all depends on:

1. How well trained are the operators, mechanics, and staff?
  2. Is the ride maintained, serviced, and inspected multiple times daily?
  3. Are the guests well-behaved, and know the risks of the ride?
If you ask me, it seems Cedar Fair is number one when it comes to safety. Six Flags and Disney seem to fall short in that aspect...

EVIDENCE:

And I don't know about all of you, but I have never felt in danger on any of Cedar Point's roller coasters and attractions....

October 12, 2010, 2:15P

I have never felt unsafe on any coaster at cp, Disney, six flags,universal..ect...ect.

The only times I have felt unsafe on a coaster was at a traveling carnival and a few coasters at tiny parks.

All parks take the saftey of there guest's very seriously, cedar point just goes overboard.

Most accidents are because of the rider doing something stupid, and not the rides fault.

October 12, 2010, 6:59P

Cedar Fair does have a very good safety record. I think Six Flags has had many fatalities that were with fences. It really isn't there fault on those. Six Flags has had a few things that could have been prevented.

It seems like Cedar Fair doesn't have the best of luck with launching coasters regarding safety.
http://channel6newsonline.com/2010/10/ten-hurt-after-roller-coaster...heme-park/

October 12, 2010, 8:48P

Also, Disney has a much greater attendance so there is more of a chance for people to get hurt.

Let's Get Weird.

October 13, 2010, 1:09A

This infact is one of the reasons why I love Cedar Point. I have never felt unsafe on any of their rides.

I am moving to Georgia in January, and I am sad that I will be so far from CP. I will be 3 hours from Six Flags Over Georgia in one direction, and about 3 hours from Disney World in the other.

I guess being close to Disney is a good thing, but I'm not sure that I will ever really feel safe at SFOG. That is one thing that I have never said about Cedar Point.

"You wanna, you gotta, you hafta hold on, Cedar Point...HOLD ON!"

October 13, 2010, 9:03A

I know last year I talked to one of the medics that are there. He did tell me about a few times people have had heart attacks from going on rides which are plain with warnings. He didnt exactly say there were fatalities, but it has happened.

October 13, 2010, 10:20A

Your mom is to fat to ride TTD. said:
The hand thing also happened on Millennium in its first few seasons. A guy hit his hand on a support on the first overbank turn.

Yeah, that was Millennium Tony. You can see where they modified a support on the first overbank turn. It has a nice chunk missing now.

819 Coasters, 34 States, 7 Countries
http://www.rollercoasterfreak.com My YouTube

October 13, 2010, 2:00P

Cedar fair has had it's fair share of issues with rides. Just last week 10 people were hurt on pony express at knotts when the brakes failed.

Cedarpoint had the dragster cable shred, and I remember magnum bumping and corkscrew had the lift hill chain come up and almost injure people.

Six flags has also had a few problems as well, but not a lot more than what cedarfair has had.

You have to remember thaat these are machines, and all machines will have issues. Parks do all that they can to prevent any issues from happining.

How can you say that you would feel unsafe at six flags?

October 13, 2010, 2:20P

Jason Hammond said:

It has a nice chunk missing now.

Can the same be said for this Millennium Tony?

The path you tread is narrow, and the drop is sheer and very high.

Previous < Topic > Next

Cedar Point Forum > General > So no one was ever died at CP, seriously?

POP Forums v8
©2008, POP World Media, LLC