Any idea's for what could happen for new additions for 2019-2025?

Friday, April 21, 2017 10:12 PM

Since everyone has been talking about RMC Mean Streak lately I've been thinking about what could happen after? Here are my idea's.

2019: Small flat ride in the front of the park, Cedar Dorms get demolished. I was thinking a Top Scan because Cedar Fair has installed two of them recently. As for the dorms, an employee told me that they are taking them down soon. It sounds pretty likely based on the space.

2020: Record breaking Flying coaster where the Cedar Dorm's were, it could possibly go over the lake. Perimeter road gets re-routed to go around this ride. 150th Celebration.

2021: Kiddy Kingdom Renovation, while I actually think the older kiddy rides are kind of neat, the area around them could be renovated to be like the Gemini Midway. Dino's Alive closes.

2022: Thunder Canyon gets moved to where Dino's was. Soak City expansion.

2023: Dark Ride gets put into Frontier Trail where the Slaughter House haunted house is.

2024: GCI wooden coaster gets placed where Thunder Canyon was. Blue Streak gets re-tracked for 60th.

2025: New Boardwalk/Midway is built where Shoot the Rapids was.

Last edited by Brennan S, Saturday, April 22, 2017 3:30 PM
+1Loading
Friday, April 21, 2017 10:33 PM

That's... a heck of a projection you got there. O__O

I don't think moving Thunder Canyon is possible- unless I'm wrong, it's a dug-in trench with a fill system fed by the lake. Besides, it's nice where it is back in Frontiertown. If Dinosaurs Alive ever vacates the space, that'd be prime real estate for something new rather than a relocation, IMHO.

GET ON THE POINT, MAGGOTS!

+2Loading
Saturday, April 22, 2017 3:06 AM

My prediction for 2019 - Hooters! True to CP DNA, world's biggest Hooters!

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

+17Loading
Saturday, April 22, 2017 8:31 AM

I can see a new type of Thunder Canyon, something to top the new highest, steepest, drop record that Sea World is doing with Infinity Falls.

Wznm

+2Loading
Saturday, April 22, 2017 9:13 AM

Fastlane Plus Premium (MS 2.0)

Sandusky Fan, Starting to enjoy the city more than the park.

+4Loading
Saturday, April 22, 2017 9:50 AM

2019: the worlds biggest souvenir cup!

+1Loading
Saturday, April 22, 2017 10:14 AM

Yeah I kind of thought moving Thunder Canyon would be hard to do. I was actually thinking of them ripping it down and building a new one like Sea World's.

+1Loading
Saturday, April 22, 2017 1:35 PM

Don't touch Thunder Canyon. A relaxing raft ride under the shade of the trees with a few surprises thrown in.

+5Loading
Saturday, April 22, 2017 5:22 PM

How about a true log flume on Dino Island?

1999: First visit
2017: Halloweekends- Harvest Fear
2018: Professor Delbert’s Frontier Fling

+5Loading
Sunday, April 23, 2017 11:18 AM

CoasterGuy15 said:
2019: the worlds biggest souvenir cup!

The cups are actually shrinking in size

SV ruins all other rides.

+1Loading
Sunday, April 23, 2017 1:49 PM

Things I'd like in the next 6 seasons after 2018...

1. Completely renovated or rebuilt Sandcastle Suites

2. Log Flume

3. GCI

Smaller stuff:

1. Iron Dragon new paint scheme

2. Harmony Hall type of establishment in the park

3. Maybe a new flat ride, I really like Skyhawk at Canada's Wonderland

CP Coaster Top 10: 1. Steel Vengeance (12 rides to date) 2. Top Thrill Dragster (166 launches to date, 4 rollbacks) 3. Raptor 4. Millennium Force 5. Maverick 6. GateKeeper 7. Valravn 8. Rougarou 9. Magnum XL 200 10. Gemini

+8Loading
Sunday, April 23, 2017 2:58 PM

I say CP keeps thunder canyon and just completely overhauls it like the log flume a knots. The most coasters will probably either be a flyer, GCI, or kiddy coaster in kiddy kingdom (junior boomerang please). Hoping for some new flat rides and a Dark ride finally.

+1Loading
Sunday, April 23, 2017 8:56 PM

Not gonna post a prediction but I would like to see a Top Scan added to the park after riding one for the first time this weekend. It was fun, and since Mondial made a custom one for Knotts with added capacity maybe we could see one in the near future for Point.

Would also like to see the Gerstlauer Sky Roller added to the park. Maybe a nice two flat ride package for 2019? I'd be satisfied with that.

+2Loading
Sunday, April 23, 2017 9:27 PM

I watched Knotts ride in action on YouTube today. Worst program ever. When I was at Carowinds on their second weekend their refurbished Electro Spin wasn't very reliable, so I didn't get to ride it. My friends got in line for it a couple of times but got back out every time the ride went down which was frequently. But at least I could tell from test runs that the program was a little better than Knotts with forward and backward sequences.

We get the traveling Top Scan just about every year at the Ohio State Fair, called Space Roller, and it's very fast and fun. But you've never seen anything like the way it runs at Munich's Oktoberfest. Holy crap, that's one long and furious cycle.

It's nice that CF is investing in a few spectaculars, but as I feared they don't seem to run them like they might. I'll be very interested to see how the new Mondial Inferno runs at Canada's Wonderland. Their flats as a rule are a little perkier than what we see at most U.S. parks, so there's hope for a thrilling ride.

+1Loading
Sunday, April 23, 2017 9:28 PM

WolfBobs said:

Would also like to see the Gerstlauer Sky Roller added to the park. Maybe a nice two flat ride package for 2019? I'd be satisfied with that.

PLEASE. I rode SkyHawk at Canada's Wonderland last summer and loved it. We need more of this flat ride. Unless some more have been built without my knowledge, CW and Nick Universe have the only two Sky Roller / Sky Fly installs in North America.

Also, where was the statement that Sol Spin was custom built? Never heard that fact

+1Loading
Sunday, April 23, 2017 9:42 PM

RCMAC said:

I watched Knotts ride in action on YouTube today. Worst program ever. When I was at Carowinds on their second weekend their refurbished Electro Spin wasn't very reliable, so I didn't get to ride it. My friends got in line for it a couple of times but got back out every time the ride went down which was frequently. But at least I could tell from test runs that the program was a little better than Knotts with forward and backward sequences.

All four rides seemed to be running fairly reliably this weekend at Carowinds. I didn't notice any downtime while in the area. Flying Cobras however, running as reliably as ever...

And as for the Knotts version, it was never officially announced to be custom but it fits on Windseeker's old footer, not just the ride pad. It also has 6 seats per arm where as all other models I have seen only have 5 seats per arm. I am not an expert on all things Top Scans but just observations made on the interwebs.

Last edited by WolfBobs, Sunday, April 23, 2017 9:48 PM
+1Loading
Sunday, April 23, 2017 9:49 PM

Brennan S said:

2019: Small flat ride in the front of the park, Cedar Dorms get demolished.

2021: Kiddy Kingdom Renovation, while I actually think the older kiddy rides are kind of neat, the area around them could be renovated to be like the Gemini Midway. Dino's Alive closes.

I say SAVE the ponies and the dinosaurs! These are two of my favorite change of pace attractions!

Proud to have fathered a second generation coaster enthusiast destined to keep me young at heart and riding coasters with a willing partner into my golden years!

+0
Sunday, April 23, 2017 10:00 PM

"2020: Record breaking Flying coaster where the Cedar Dorm's were, it could possibly go over the lake. Perimeter road gets re-routed to go around this ride. 150th Celebration."

Any coaster built here will not go over the Lake. The Lake is on the other the side of the park. Now over the Bay is a possibility but there is a lot of marina in the way.

CP&LE RR Supervisor/Engineer 04-18

+1Loading
Sunday, April 23, 2017 11:04 PM

I've always felt the permits and regulations regarding putting a ride directly over the lake or bay would be way to much of a hassle to ever put a ride in. Once you enter the water it is considered public property.

+1Loading
Sunday, April 23, 2017 11:44 PM

I think we can all agree that whatever comes for any of those years, there will be a bunch of complainers. ;)

-Adam G-

+7Loading

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums - ©2019, POP World Media, LLC