Cedar Fair and Feld Entertainment enter new partnership to launch Monster Jam Thunder Alley in-park experience in 2019

Monster Jam Thunder Alley will kick off at Cedar Point, on May 18, 2019, and run through June 30.

Thursday, April 11, 2019 8:33 AM

Cedar Fair Press Release

Sandusky, Ohio, April 11, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Cedar Fair Entertainment Company (NYSE: FUN), a leader in amusement parks, water parks and immersive entertainment, is partnering with Feld Entertainment, the worldwide leader in live family entertainment, to present Monster Jam® Thunder Alley™, a new interactive experience coming to select Cedar Fair parks this season. Combining Cedar Fair’s best-in-class parks with Feld Entertainment’s expertise in immersive attractions, the event will feature the shared capabilities in the production of exceptional shows and entertainment, award-winning attractions, and branded merchandising to create unique new experiences for Cedar Fair guests and fans of Monster Jam.

Monster Jam Thunder Alley will feature multiple interactive zones where guests can experience Monster Jam’s most popular trucks - Grave Digger®, Max-D™, Megalodon®,Zombie and El Toro Loco® - like never before. The Monster Jam Freestyle Ride Truck Experience puts guests in an authentic Monster Jam truck for a ride over a thrilling freestyle-inspired course. Fans will learn how the Monster Jam trucks come to life in a first-of-its-kind Monster Jam Garage behind-the-scenes interactive experience. In the Monster Jam Build-a-Truck area, guests can build their very own custom mini Monster Jam truck. And the Monster Jam Pit Stop Play Area allows fans to create their own action using authentic Monster Jam die-cast trucks on a miniature track with ramps and obstacles.

Monster Jam Thunder Alley will kick off at Cedar Fair’s flagship park, Cedar Point, on May 18, 2019 and run through June 30. The event is also scheduled for Kings Dominion in Doswell, Virginia, July 20-September 2; and Dorney Park in Allentown, Pennsylvania, September 14-November 3.

Cedar Fair CEO Richard Zimmerman said “Partnering with Feld Entertainment brings together two of the world’s premier entertainment companies. The combination of our shared capabilities will enhance our ability to deliver an even broader and more immersive guest experience. The opportunity to bring Monster Jam Thunder Alley exclusively to our parks represents the first installment of our strategic collaboration and is another demonstration of Cedar Fair’s commitment to delivering unique guest experiences, while also introducing our parks to Monster Jam’s legion of worldwide fans. We look forward to further collaboration on additional compelling entertainment and experiences.”

“We are thrilled to be working with Cedar Fair on Monster Jam Thunder Alley,” said Feld Entertainment Chairman and CEO Kenneth Feld. “Over the past 10 years, our strategy has been to evolve Monster Jam into a brand that reaches our fans year-round, wherever they are through television, licensing, consumer products, social media and, of course, our live events. The creation of Monster Jam Thunder Alley builds upon this strategy as we have created a highly innovative theme park experience that goes beyond how our fans have ever engaged with Monster Jam before.”

Entry to Monster Jam Thunder Alley is included in park admission. Some features of the event require advance reservations or an additional fee.

Thursday, April 11, 2019 8:53 AM

Sad that Cedar Fair would partner with such a greedy and borderline unethical company like Feld.

+0
Thursday, April 11, 2019 1:10 PM

What, over animal rights/mistreatment? That’s important, but I’d first rather take on their partnership with Chick-fil-A and their corporate attempts to negatively affect actual humans.

+6Loading
Thursday, April 11, 2019 1:24 PM

Make sure you boycott Disney, Lucasfilm, Sesame Street, and Jurassic Park as well, because they also do (or did) a lot of business with Feld.

I'm not into Monster Trucks (although I do remember a brief fascination as a kid), but this sounds like a pretty cool thing to see and interact with on the midway.

Last edited by Kevinj, Thursday, April 11, 2019 5:32 PM

Promoter of fog.

+6Loading
Thursday, April 11, 2019 2:31 PM

Sounds loud.

+3Loading
Thursday, April 11, 2019 9:40 PM

HU?

~chugh43

+0
Friday, April 12, 2019 10:15 AM

RCMAC said:

Sounds loud.

Not as loud as that damn Rougarou, or whatever the kids are calling it these days....

Promoter of fog.

+6Loading
Friday, April 12, 2019 10:25 AM

I'll be interested to see the location. Presumably Celebration Plaza with the driving "course" on the old Cedars' site?

Brandon

+0
Friday, April 12, 2019 11:01 AM

That's what I can't picture...although that probably makes the most sense. But even then...these trucks are massive...but maybe that provides the most wide open space now with Cedars gone.

It fits the rendering; not that it's meant to be perfect.

Last edited by Kevinj, Friday, April 12, 2019 11:43 AM

Promoter of fog.

+1Loading
Friday, April 12, 2019 8:59 PM

RCMAC said:

What, over animal rights/mistreatment? That’s important, but I’d first rather take on their partnership with Chick-fil-A and their corporate attempts to negatively affect actual humans.

Nah, blatant disregard for human well being. They are the promoter of supercross and at a race this season at their discretion decided to use entirely too much lime in an attempt to dry out the soil. The end result were both adult professional and youth riders ending up with chemical burns on their bodies and around $100k in damages done to bikes. They tried offering affected riders paltry amounts of money compared to what they should be compensated for personal injury and damages to the motorcycles. Shortly after they swept it under the rug. Some riders did seek legal counsel. It's likely still in some sort of arbitration as there has been no lawsuits filed, but I wouldn't be surprised to see that happen if no reasonable agreement is made. And there's a multitude of other issues with Feld that revolve around the general theme of them taking advantage of the riders.

+0
Saturday, April 13, 2019 9:09 AM

Well, that’s awful, and thanks for the info.
I wasn’t all that familiar with the company and after a quick search into their misdeeds came up with allegations of animal mistreatment. Some of those were kind of old, though.
I also learned that they seem to have their fingers in a lot of things as far as the entertainment industry goes, from Disney down to whatever.

+2Loading
Tuesday, April 16, 2019 11:08 AM

At 11:00am on the webcam I notice a bulldozer working at the former Cedars site. Appears to be really smoothing the area for use of some sort., possibly the "course" for the ride experience.

+2Loading
Tuesday, April 16, 2019 11:28 AM

jimmyburke said:

At 11:00am on the webcam I notice a bulldozer working at the former Cedars site. Appears to be really smoothing the area for use of some sort., possibly the "course" for the ride experience.

I wonder whether they'll retain the few trees remaining after the cedar's demolition.

Tall and fast not so much upside down...

+0
Monday, April 29, 2019 8:39 AM

I snapped a few pics of the former Cedars area and the new Monster Jam course on Saturday.

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared/p0t0X-3eT8-Uy0h11ympNQ.b582XHC...XnuUSVDXX-

Trees are still standing but that area sure looks a lot different in person. My big question is how much noise and dirt will the monster trucks throw into the air? I usually parked right next to where the course is so I may move to the other lot. I dont want a stray monster truck turning my car into a pancake.

Last edited by DSShives, Monday, April 29, 2019 8:49 AM

Steve Shives
First Cedar Point Visit - 1972
Member: Great Ohio Coaster Club

+1Loading
Monday, April 29, 2019 4:40 PM

If that’s where the Monster Jam truck ride is going, I can see the Marina guests being less than pleased!

But then again, what do I know?
+1Loading
Monday, April 29, 2019 8:12 PM

Ill reserve judgement until I actually see the monster trucks in action, but I know several people on our dock are concerned about the noise and dust the trucks will be throwing up. I know ill definitely parking in the other lot so I dont find my cars finish covered with dirt.

Steve Shives

+1Loading
Tuesday, April 30, 2019 1:45 PM

Also new for 2019- Automated car wash in the Marina parking lot.

But then again, what do I know?
+0
Saturday, May 4, 2019 8:52 PM

DSShives said:
Ill reserve judgement until I actually see the monster trucks in action, but I know several people on our dock are concerned about the noise and dust the trucks will be throwing up. I know ill definitely parking in the other lot so I dont find my cars finish covered with dirt.

The track itself has a blacktop-type layer on top of the dirt. Im sure there will still be dirt from the infield but not as bad as I originally thought.

+0
Sunday, May 5, 2019 3:38 PM

I've been watching them practice today and they are really quiet and not throwing up any dust . They haven't installed the fencing yet so we can really get a nice view standing in the parking lot . I was talking with one of the organizers and he told me the are running LS1 engines and those tires come in at just under 1000lbs each.

Steve Shives

+0
Tuesday, May 7, 2019 4:56 PM

Yes, no doubt they’ll run the same milder versions you can ride down here at Digger’s Dungeon.

1974: Catering Slave for Interstate United
1975-77: Catering Manager for Cedar Point

+0

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums - ©2019, POP World Media, LLC