First road to the Hotel Breakers main entrance opens.
Final season for the Cyclone
Kiddie Merry-Go-Round is moved to the head of the midway.
Lower floor of the Coliseum is remodeled to provide a beer garden at one end.
Hotel Breakers adds a new refreshment stand on the hotel porch and the lobby soda fountain is equipped to serve meals.
Cedar Point contracts with Greyhound Bus Lines for stops at the resort on its national highway tours.
Sandusky obstetrician Dr. Dean Sheldon purchases land surrounding the first Cedar Point road that closed in 1920 and establishes a sanctuary for migratory birds.
Cedar Point starts aquatic sports program that includes racing (boat, water ski, and swimming) and fishing contests.
Ride operator Joe Snati introduces U-Drive-Em cruisers, powered boats operating on the Cedar Point lagoons.
Cadillac Cars opens.
New parking lot opens near Coral Dining Room as a convenience for guests. With the opening of the Cedar Point Causeway the previous summer, the resort saw an increase in Sandusky workers and others taking advantage of the shorter drive to enjoy lunch at Cedar Point.
Attendance for the 1959 season is 875,000.
New concrete bathhouse opens. The new bathhouse can accommodate 2,400 guests.
For the first time, the beach, amusement park, and picnic areas will be open to the public every day from Memorial Day through Labor Day. In previous years the amusement park was open only on weekends.
Wild Mouse opens between Noah's Ark and the merry-go-round.
Turnpike Cars opens.
Final season for Noah's Ark
Final season for Animal House.
Final season for Caterpillar.
Old lakefront garages formerly used by guests at Hotel Breakers are removed in order to provide better parking.